Sell me on the Switch

Discussion in 'Games Central' started by JC Denton, Aug 7, 2017.

1. JC Denton

JC Denton Staff Member

Looking at both the Vita and the Switch for something portable and fun. Nintendo hasn't had a lot of interesting titles for me since the N64 days, but the latest Zelda fare looks quite fun to be totally honest - and I'm far from being a fantasy/Zelda fan. Having played Snipperclips and the new Mario Kart, I definitely dig the multiplayer stuff but I also want something I can take on planes, trains, and automobiles :)

Thoughts?

2. d0nk

d0nk Staff Member

Mario Kart is a great game for both singleplayer an multiplayer.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is really good though. It makes the system worth it for that game alone, and is one of the best single-player experiences I've had. I "beat" the game months ago but I still spend a few hours per week exploring, side-questing, and having fun. I played some Zelda games growing up, but I wouldn't describe myself as a huge fan of the series. Its cool, but I don't get into it how some do. That said, I'm a huge fan of BotW.

The portability of the system and the ability to play it on a tv like a traditional console also makes it really awesome. I can throw it in my backpack and play it at a relative's house, or I can sit on my couch and play it on my TV.

The availability of indie games is pretty cool too. Playing Overcooked or Snipperclips with 2-4 people locally is a blast.

3. JC Denton

JC Denton Staff Member

BotW is my main draw, but I don't know if the cost is at the point where it justifies a whole console. Maybe if I had more people to play some of the indie games with I'd bite on my own system. Right now, I think I want something that is more single player focused. The PS Vita is tempting, but it's embarrassingly out of date. Then again, Sony seems to keep their stuff around for years at a time.